There are several ways QR codes can be used to the advantage of map publishers who are thinking of going digital:
- QR codes can be strategically placed on printed maps, signage, websites, advertising and anywhere else maps are promoted.
- They can be placed on a paper map product to offer a digital copy of the printed map to someone who buys the paper product.
- QR codes can be used in magazine and newspaper articles to offer a map for sale for a destination mentioned in the article. If a map is used in an article a QR code can be used to offer that map.
- QR codes can be placed on websites to enable the purchase of a map that is shown and offered for sale on that website.
- They can be used on maps and map signage or on a hiking trail head map sign, to offer the same map that someone may be looking at on the sign.
- QR codes can be used on signs on hotel concierge desks, travel agencies, airports and train stations and any other place where travels congregate.